Brick Painting – Richardson, TX
Beautiful Brick, Beautiful Home
Brick can be a beautiful exterior feature on a home, adding character, texture, and visual interest. But, like some stained wood, some brick tones can actually hinder your home’s potential curb appeal. Painting over the brick can help your home stand out in the best possible way.At first, you may be hesitant about brick painting because you can’t undo it once you go this route, but our experts at Platinum Painting can help you determine whether this painting your brick exterior will enhance your home and then execute the project to perfection so you never regret your decision!
Benefits of Brick Painting
Although painting brick is a permanent change, countless before-and-after photos show what a powerful, positive impact this one alteration can have. Here are just some of the advantages you can enjoy from painting your brick exteriors.
Brightening Up Your Home
In the past, the earthy, Tuscan look was popular, but certain shades of raw brick can make your home blend in with its surroundings or make it look dark and dismal. Nowadays, it’s common to paint brick! Painting the brick evokes a lighter feeling by creating contrast and is more inviting.
Protection from the Elements
Over time, water can negatively affect many housing materials, but brick can be particularly vulnerable. When moisture is trapped in the porous surface, it can eventually erode the rough brick surface, potentially exposing your home to water damage. Using the right primer and paint, we can prevent this from happening to your brick, which also protects your home from Mother Nature.
Process of Brick Painting
After more than a decade, we know how to approach painting brick. In many ways, this surface differs from others like siding or stucco and involves more detailed work. We follow these important steps to ensure even, long-lasting results:
- First, we’ll power wash the brick to remove dirt and grime.
- After the brick is dry, we’ll identify and take care of any cracks or gaps that need caulking or filling.
- Our team will then apply a primer that is specially formulated for masonry.
- Likewise, we’ll apply several uniform coats of the proper paint, which protect and cover the porous brick without trapping in moisture.
- Finally, we’ll clean up everything and take you on a final inspection where you can point out any areas we may have missed.